Friday, February 15, 2019

The Best Group Project Member

Raise your hand if you hated group projects in school.

Group projects were so stressful! Trying to coordinate schedules, figuring out how each person could contribute, trying to put all the pieces together into a coherent whole... The. Worst.

And the worst member? That person that doesn’t tell you what they’re doing and you just hope they will come through in time.

I was speaking with God today about our group project that we are working on, also known as “the church,” and I suggested that I would appreciate a little more communication.

And then it hit me with such incredible clarity: God is the best team member ever! All I need to do is focus on my part of the project and let God focus on God’s part of the project. It is super tempting to try to “help” God, maybe try and move things along. I have definitely had to cover for people who didn’t come through.

But God always comes through with the highest quality work at just the right time.

I guess I will stick with him and keep doing my part of the assignment.

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment